Vancouver International Maritime Centre
Based in Vancouver, Canada to promote, foster and encourage the development of Vancouver as a location for the ownership, central control and management of international shipping firms.
Vancouver IMC provides advice, information and assistance to international shipping companies interested in establishing, expanding or retaining shipping operations on Canada’s West Coast.
- Promote BC to the international shipping industry as a maritime centre location and actively solicit shipping companies to locate operations in the province.
- Provide advice, information and assistance to international shipping companies interested in establishing, expanding or retaining shipping operations in BC.
- Provide advice to federal and provincial governments regarding the legislative regulatory framework required to enhance the development of the international shipping sector in Canada generally, and in BC in particular.
Canada’s Unique Value Proposition
Recent amendments have modernized Canada’s international shipping tax regime.
- No tax on international shipping activities undertaken in Canada, including management and financing activities
- No tax on a non-resident company’s foreign sourced income
- No capital gains tax on vessels sold outside of Canada
- Tax friendly ways to raise capital and ship financing