Vancouver: The World Has Discovered Us
Vancouver is a growing, modern, well-established multi-cultural city with high quality, financial and other business services abundantly available.
Banks renowned worldwide for their reliability, politically stable governments with AAA credit ratings, and a welcoming, business-friendly approach are keystones in Vancouver’s business-friendly environment.
A growing cosmopolitan world-class city with Canada’s biggest port, and North America’s most diversified seaport, Vancouver has become a location of choice for major international companies.
For more information about Vancouver as a global maritime hub click below:
Competitive Advantages for Businesses
By locating at Vancouver IMC, you will benefit from operating from a well-respected and sought-after and resource-rich business centre in a locale with a temperate climate, a superior quality of life, as well as Canada’s attractive and globally competitive international shipping tax regime.
International businesses operating in Vancouver on a non-resident basis will find significant business advantages over other centres:
- A broader range of income types qualify for tax benefits in Canada compared to other jurisdictions
- Dividends and interest from qualifying subsidiaries may be included in shipping profits
- Companies operating at VIMC may hold an interest in a company that carries on incidental or non-shipping related activities
- Only most – not all – of gross revenue needs to be from shipping profits
- No capital gains tax on contracts disposed of during transfer of vessels
- Opportunities for creditor protection and asset protection
- Senior management can be located in Canada
Ease of Financing and Access to Capital Markets
- Easy access to capital markets in North America
- World renowned AA banking system
- No foreign currency restrictions
- Work with US and Canadian tax efficient financing structures